1996 1997 1998
1999 2000 2001
2002 2003 2004


Visa Information

If you're not a US citizen you should read about US visa policy.




Visa Information

General Visa Information

The sites http://www.unitedstatesvisas.gov or http://travel.state.gov have information about obtaining a visa for those traveling to the United States. Both sites have links to websites for U.S. embassies and consulates worldwide. The embassy and consulate websites have very helpful information about procedures, timelines, communities served, required documentation, and fees.

Letters from ACM

Letters are issued from ACM headquarters for attendees to submit in support of their visa applications. Please send your request for a visa application letter to Elizabeth Grove, grove_e@acm.org, and include your name, mailing address, and fax number, as well as the name of the conference you are attending. (Authors of papers should include the title.)

Hotel Street Address

You may be requested to provide the street address of the hotel where you are staying. The address for the Town and Country Resort and Convention Centre is:
500 Hotel Circle North
San Diego, California

Canadians travelling to OOPSLA

The US Embassy web site indicates that most Canadians do not require a visa nor a passport, although a passport is recommended, and in some cases is indeed required. We recommend all Canadians travelling to OOPSLA review the information provided by the US Embassy to ensure a smooth trip.